Friend, we live in a day of insecurity. Many times, it’s very difficult to determine what is real and what is simply another fraud or hoax. Thankfully, although we live in a day of deception, we have a source of Truth that can be trusted. Read on and discover “The Real Truth” laid out for us in God’s Word.
- 1. God wants us to UNDERSTAND “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 “…there is none righteous, no, not one.” Romans 3:10. None of us deserve to go to heaven. In heaven there is no sin, no stealing, no lying, no selfish living. The only for us, as sinners to get to heaven is to have our sin taken away.
- 2. God wants us to KNOW that a penalty must be paid for sin. That payment is death and hell. “For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23a But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” Revelation 21:8 We don’t deserve heaven, what we do deserve and what we will receive if we ignore Christ is eternity in hell. “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.” John 3:18 That’s what we deserve brought about by our sins, but that’s not God’s will. God is “not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- 3. God wants us to SEE that His Son, Jesus Christ, chose to die and pay our penalty of death for us. “But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8 We deserve to suffer and die for our own sins but Jesus Christ suffered and died in our place. “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God…” 1 Peter 3:18
- 4. God wants us to BELIEVE that we can be pardoned because of His grace. “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9 “Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- 5. Most of all, God wants us to RECEIVE His Son, Jesus Christ. “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12 “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life; and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” John 3:36 “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
Friend, wouldn’t you like to have eternal life today? The Bible was written so that we would know how to become a child of God and inherit eternal life in heaven. “These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:13 Take time to invite Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal Saviour. Simply pray… “Dear Lord, I know that I am a sinner. I know Jesus died for my sins. Please forgive me for my sins, come into my heart and save my soul. I receive Jesus Christ as my Lord & Saviour. In Jesus name, Amen.”
If you’d like to know more about becoming a Christian or living a life pleasing to God, please visit our church or leave us a message on our contact page.